Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Movember for Jessie

Hi everyone,

I made the decision a few months ago to be a "Movemberist" this month. The plan was to grow a ridiculous mustache, have my friends laugh at me, and raise awareness for prostate cancer through my movember.com profile.

However, I have now decided to take a different route. I will post my mustache update pictures and blog posts here at my blogspot address, and I will encourage you to donate to my good friend Jessica, who is battling brain cancer. If you don't know about this incredible woman, read her story here:

http://www.jessicaoldwyn.blogspot.com/

Also, here's a recent article about her in the Island Guardian:

http://www.islandguardian.com/archives/00004017.html

HOW TO DONATE: I'm working out the kinks, but I will post a donation link shortly so please return to this blog in a few days. In the meantime, you may mail checks to Islanders Bank at PO Box 909 Friday Harbor WA 98250 and make the checks payable to "Jessica Oldwyn Medical Account." They don't need a deposit slip or any other info other than the check as long as it references the account. If you donate, please send me an email with your contribution amount. matt@mateowight.com.


Thanks so much!
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment